Friday, May 22, 2009

Doubleheaders

Tomorrow the Mustangs have a doubleheader against the Valley Cats. We are making up a game that we missed earlier because of a rescheduled high school game that took priority over us. The first game starts at 9:00 am.

I used to play for a team in Nashua, NH (Nashua Cubs) that played all its home games at 9:00am. We would take bp before the game so I had to get there at 8:00 which meant leaving my house around 6:00 am. I would stop at a McDonalds in Nashua on the way over to pick up some breakfast and use the bathroom and stop there again for lunch on the way home. I would often have another game in Vermont at about 3:00pm. That was before I formed the CRVBL so it was the Putney Fossils vs Landmark College. Eventually a team from Brattleboro formed to play Landmark as well as the Fossils. I would end up putting on a few McDonalds pounds over the course of the season.

At the end of the 2001 season it seemed like nobody wanted to run the Nashua Cubs and it looked likely that there would not be a Cubs team in 2002. It was because of that that I decided to form the CRVBL. We already have 2 teams (Fossils & Brattleboro) and it seemed likely we could get 2 more teams. It's easy for me to remember the date of the last game I played for the Nashua Cubs because it was Sunday, September 9, 2001 - 2 days before 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment