Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18 - Mustangs at Barons

My arm actually felt pretty good so I threw some easy bp in the cage before the game.

Max was supposed to start but he's just arriving about 5 minutes before game time so Ski gets the ball. The first batter hits the first pitch to first base and Ski forgets to cover first so the batter reaches, steals second, goes to third on a 4-3 ground out and scores when I make a bad throw from 3rd on a ground ball. I looked the runner back, then looked him back again and rushed the throw. In the process I've discovered that my arm is not feeling fine but is actually hanging pretty bad. No surprise really.

The Barons score 2 in the first and another 3 in the second. Max comes in to pitch in the 3rd inning and is really on. He holds them to 1 unearned run in the 4th(?) and another run in the bottom of the 7th.

Meanwhile their pitcher (don't know his name) is throwing a gem. The ump has a rather low strike zone tonight and he is hitting the corners at the bottom of the strike zone and we can't do much against him. We do score a couple of runs on walks and errors but don't get a hit until the 7th inning when Ski lines a solid single to right. With the no hitter broken up they send out a new pitcher for the 8th and we hit some solid line drives - right at people for 3 quick outs.

In the top of the 9th we finally string together some hits and score 3 runs but with a runner on Ski makes the final out leaving me in the on deck circle. I'm sure I would have parked one to give us the lead if only I'd gotten the chance. Final score Mustangs 5 Barons 7.

I'm looking forward to four days of rest for my arm. Our next game isn't until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment