Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11 - Rebels at Mustangs under the lights

I got an early birthday present tonight (my birthday is tomorrow) - phenominal run support. 7 runs in the bottom of the first and another 7 in the bottom of the 2nd. After 2 innings we had a 14-2 lead. But big leads early can be tricky. Do you stop stealing with a 12 runs lead that early in the game. As it turns out the answer should have been no.

Through timely hitting and some poor fielding on our part (including my own) the Rebels fought back to make it 14-8. It could have gotten really interesting if Smoke had hit the ball about 5-10 feet farther in the 7th (?) inning. With runners on 1st and 2nd and two outs he worked the count full then hit a long high fly ball that Max, playing deep left, saw off the bat then lost above the lights then picked up again just in time to make the catch backed up against the fence.

In the bottom of the 7th we loaded the bases for Omar who christened the new outfield fence with a grand slam. Final score Mustangs 21 Rebels 10(?)

My arm felt fine tonight which was a relief. I had played catch with my daughter on Thursday and my arm felt bad. Painful to throw. A little thrown out. It was a good thing I was forced to miss games on Saturday and Sunday because of family committments. I haven't had arm pain in probably two years and I believe the last time was also early in the season after several back to back games.

No comments:

Post a Comment